Six Camping Adventures in Marinette County
From roasting gooey marshmallows over the crackling fire to exploring hiking trails through the pristine wilderness, camping offers a variety of adventures for families of all ages. Here are six must-do activities, while camping in the northwoods of Marinette County.
1. Chase Waterfalls Visit one or all 15 waterfalls and discover why Marinette County is known as the Waterfall Capital of Wisconsin!
2. Take a Hike Discover the picture perfect Loon Bay Overlook near Morgan Park, the beaver pond at Goodman Park or the hiking trails surrounding the waterfalls at Veteran's or Twelve Foot Falls county parks.
3. ATV/UTV Trails Hit hundreds of miles of forested trails from your campsite at McClintock Campground on your own ATV/UTV or rent one from a local outfitter!
4. Cast a Line From shore or by boat, from panfish to sturgeon, you're never far from a great fishing hole in Marinette County! For a truly magnificent time, book a charter with a local guide.
5. Whitewater Rafting Experience why Marinette County is home to the Midwest's greatest whitewater rafting! Our experienced outfitters will guide you down the Menominee River's Pier's Gorge or the Roaring Rapids of the Peshtigo River. No experience necessary!
6. Make a Splash Relax on the sandy beaches at Twin Bridge or Morgan county parks, wind down the day with a sunset paddle around Timm's Lake or rent a pontoon for a day of adventure on the High Falls Flowage.
Marinette County campgrounds open April 29, 2022.
Post a Comment